Welcome to PHIL 444-010:
- Mark Greene.
- Required Reading:
- 'Bioethics: An Anthology. 3nd Edition', Helga Kuhse & Peter Siger. Oxford: Blackwell, 2006.
Other reading available via
- Tue & Thu, 8 - 9:15 am. In
There are two sections of PHIL444.
This is the site for section 010.
Section 010 satisfies the second writing requrement for those with enough credits
Section 011 is for Biomedical Engineering students and does not satisfy the second writing requirement
An examination of some of the most controversial issues in medical ethics. Through discussion of highly influential primary sources, this seminar will join ongoing debates on such topics as abortion, euthanasia, human experimentation, reproductive rights, and performance enhancing drugs.
NB: Important resources for this class (including additional required readings and quizzes) are available to registered students via Sakai@UD.
- UD faculty are mandated to report to the UD Title IX coordinator any allegation of behavior that constitutes sexual misconduct under UD policy.
- This mandate applies to allegations that a faculty member becomes aware of in class, in office hours, in advisement meetings, or in any other context.
- This mandate applies regardless of whether the person alleged to have experienced prohibited conduct wishes the allegation to be reported.
- More information and resources:
- For more information on the University of Delaware's Sexual Misconduct Policy, including information on confidential resources, see sites.udel.edu/sexualmisconduct. UD provides 24 hour crisis assistance and victim advocacy and counseling. Contact 302 831-2226, Student Health Services, to get in touch with a sexual offense support advocate.