Welcome to PHIL 444-010:
- Mark Greene.
- Required Reading:
- 'Bioethics: An Anthology. 3nd Edition', Helga Kuhse & Peter Siger. Oxford: Blackwell, 2006.
Other readings available viaCanvas@UD.
- Tue & Thu, 8 - 9:15 am. In
There are two sections of PHIL444.
This is the site for section 010.
Section 010 satisfies the second writing requrement for those with enough credits
Section 011 is for Biomedical Engineering students and does not satisfy the second writing requirement
An examination of some of the most controversial issues in medical ethics. Through discussion of highly influential primary sources, this seminar will join ongoing debates on such topics as abortion, euthanasia, human experimentation, reproductive rights, and performance enhancing drugs.
NB: Important resources for this class (including additional required readings and quizzes) are available to registered students viaCanvas@UD.
- As a UD faculty member, I am required to notify the UD Title IX coordinator of any report of behavior that constitutes sexual misconduct under UD policy.
- This mandate applies to reports that a faculty member becomes aware of in class, in office hours, in advisement meetings, via email or in any other context.
- This mandate applies regardless of whether the person reported to have experienced prohibited conduct wishes the Title IX coordinator to be notified.
- More information and resources:
- For more information on the University of Delaware's Sexual Misconduct Policy, including information on confidential resources, see sites.udel.edu/sexualmisconduct. UD provides 24 hour crisis assistance and victim advocacy and counseling. Contact 302 831-2226, Student Health Services, to get in touch with a sexual offense support advocate.