Welcome to PHIL-241:
Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- Mark Greene.
- Required Reading:
- UD Library and internet resources. See Timetable for details.
- Tue & Thu, 9:30 - 10:45 am. In
Informed discussion of the ethics of healthcare must acknowledge the constraints of political and economic reality. In this course we will make an interdisciplinary examination of competing considerations of ethics, justice, and practical policy in the provision of healthcare. Among the questions addressed will be: What are the aims of healthcare and how can success be measured? Is there a right to healthcare? Who should pay? How should scarce resources be distributed?
NB: Important resources for this class are available to registered students viaCanvas@UD.
In case you wondered, this is what economists do all day.
- As a UD faculty member, I am required to notify the UD Title IX coordinator of any report of behavior that constitutes sexual misconduct under UD policy.
- This mandate applies to reports that a faculty member becomes aware of in class, in office hours, in advisement meetings, via email or in any other context.
- This mandate applies regardless of whether the person reported to have experienced prohibited conduct wishes the Title IX coordinator to be notified.
- More information and resources:
- For more information on the University of Delaware's Sexual Misconduct Policy, including information on confidential resources, see sites.udel.edu/sexualmisconduct. UD provides 24 hour crisis assistance and victim advocacy and counseling. Contact 302 831-2226, Student Health Services, to get in touch with a sexual offense support advocate.